I cut out the paper template for the motor controller mount and taped it into place.
I got to install my first rivnut. It's a decent solution to install a blind nut when you can't get access to the back side of the panel. Since I'm so paranoid about rust, I decided to paint each hole I drill with rust reformer paint.
I then bolted the standoff bracket into place.
Finally I temporarily bolted the motor controller plate with the current-sensing shunt into place. I don't have the controller yet so I'll have to remove the plate, bolt on the controller and re-mount when it arrives.
Then I decided to move on to the Potbox mount. I'm a little concerned about leaving the potbox out in the open, where it can get dirt, mud and water inside it, so I plan to make an alternative mounting scenario, placed in a plastic enclosure. Lucky I thought of this, because my car doesn't match the instructions for mounting the potbox. The manual shows quite a large "brake equalizer", but mine just has a simple T-junction for the hydraulic brake lines. I'll have to do some investigation to find out if mine is a post-factory hack or just a different style than ElectroAuto is expecting. That's the T-junction, right at the top of the paper mounting template, with the line from the master cylinder coming in from the south-east. It just ain't gonna fit.
Then I decided to review the steps for installing the transmission and motor, and found about half of the needed hardware was not supplied in my parts pickup. I left a voice mail for Shari and asked her to let me know what's going on with the rest of my order, because I've had no email or phone contact since my visit to them a couple of weeks ago. We'll see...