Monday, December 26, 2011

Headlights Done - Really

I try to own up to my mistakes, so I have to admit I scratched the driver's side headlight cover as I was installing it.  Argh!

I tried to do a touch-up job on it, including wet-dry paper and everything, but I just couldn't get it right.  I took it in to Tom's and asked him to sand it down and respray it as he was doing the rear trunk hinges. Well the hinges are lost and will take a while to come in, so Tom sprayed the cover and gave it back in a couple of days.

I gently installed it and got it aligned.  Now the car looks symmetrical with the lights up and down.  Soon comes the front hood!