Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fisker Karmas All Over The Place

While I was in Los Angeles doing a solar power monitoring installation, at the end of the day I decided to drive over to the Tesla store in Santa Monica.  Imagine my surprise while on the way over I spotted a Fisker dealership.  I pulled in and went to check them out.  They had two sitting right outside the front door.


And three more inside.


The engine compartment is very cramped, but it is a gas/electric hybrid.


The sticker price of $107K and gas-only mileage are a bit of a shock  It is huge, heavy, the back seats are not fit for humans, but it is very sexy.


Flash forward to a trip back to my old stomping grounds in Austin, Texas to do some more solar work a few weeks later.  I walked over to the baggage claim area and there's a black Karma roped off, with electric lettering.



The to compound the shock, I was driving down the road and came upon another Fisker dealership, sharing space with the Porsche dealer.


With one out front, three inside and eleven waiting out back, that's a lot of Karmas waiting for new homes.  The saleswoman inside said they've sold about 20, with customers coming from all over Texas, but now mostly Central Texas as they have dealerships open in Dallas and Houston now.

No comments:

Post a Comment