Sunday, July 10, 2011

Circuit Breaker Preparation

The circuit breaker is supposed to bolt to the side of the left speaker enclosure.  I don't like this idea much because the speaker enclosure plastic is pretty brittle, and it makes me sad to cut a big chunk of plastic out of it.  Replacements are more than $100 so it's a big commitment.  Of course the cables are designed and cut with this placement in mind, so there's no getting around it.

First I placed the mounting bracket and marked where the holes need to be drilled.


Then I followed the directions to cut away the area where the cable will bend over and get bolted on.


I wanted to stay with the black motif so I painted the aluminum bracket, mounted it to the speaker enclosure and then the circuit breaker to the bracket.



Here's where the breaker will go.  I want to get the carpet installed before I permanently mount it, so this will happen much later.

No comments:

Post a Comment