Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Last Shipment from Electro Auto?

Today is July 2, 2011 and I think I just got my last shipment from Electro Automotive!  Well I am actually waiting for two final things but I don't know that I'll ever get them.


The final part I am waiting for is the pair of engine cover hold-down pins, but I don't intend to use them so I don't care if they don't show up.

Now, the real final, final part I'm waiting for is the "Motor Field Bus Bar", a copper bar wrapped in heat shrink tubing that mounts between two of the studs on the electric motor.  This part is not specifically called out on the parts list on the invoice, but as I was wiring up the motor I discovered it was missing.  I emailed Shari about the missing part on May 3, almost 2 months ago.  To my utter lack of surprise, I didn't even get a response.  If it shows up before I need to energize the motor, great.  Otherwise I'll build one myself out of copper bars.

I feel a great weight lifted off my shoulders, that I'm no longer subject to the whims of EAs finances, staff or suppliers.  Woo hoo!  To paraphrase Obi-Wan Kenobi: "I felt a great awakening in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in joy and were seen driving their electric cars. I believe something wonderful has happened."