Sunday, September 18, 2011

Brake Work

It's been a while since the last update, but I've been making steady progress.  I found these great single-person brake bleed nipples at PelicanParts.  Since I'm working on my own, everything that helps me do things myself gets a shot.  These have a one-way valve that allows you to bleed the brake by backing them off 1/4 of a turn, pumping the brake until the air is gone, then tightening again.


 I replaced them on all four caliper units.



I'll fill and bleed the system later.

Next I moved on to the brake pressure sensor switch.  Alert readers will remember that only one of the wires was connected to the sensor switch, the other one was dangling.  I bought a new switch from Pelican Parts and replaced it.  The new switch has two connectors, but upon removing the old one, I found it was in good shape, yet had only one connector terminal.  I can only think it was a badly-done replacement, so I put in the new switch and put new connectors on the ends of the wires, running them through a rubber shroud.  It turns out the length of the connectors prevents the shroud fitting correctly, so I'll put right-angle connectors on soon.





1 comment:

  1. Great Stuff, keep up the good work!

    I stumbled onto this as also trying to get the horn working on an aftermarket steering wheel and have the same issue with grounding the retainer ring and getting it to fit the steering wheel flush.......still ongoing but will get there with a Dremmel :)

    I'm interested to se the finished article!

    ReplyDelete